Our Mother of Perpetual Help Chapel is located on Prytania Street in the Gardne District of New Orleans, Louisiana. The Italianate styel mansion was designed by architect Henry Howard in 1857. The house is complete with elaborate metalwork on the fence and galleries, a gaslight on the porch, and Romeo spikes atop the metal columns, which were intended to keep over-eager young suitors out of the house. The Madonna and canopy in the yard used to be a Catholic chapel. The chapel is one of the locations used in Anne Rice's novel Violin. Rice also owned the property for a period of time, as did actor Nicholas Cage.