The St. Cloud Hotel is located on Manvel Avenue in Chandler, Oklahoma, along Historic Route 66. The native sandstone and brick structure was built in 1903 by Johh E. Gromley, a local lumberman. Gromley eventually owned several units on the street, which came to be known as Gromley's Block. The hotel found its niche after 1926, when Route 66 formally opened in Chandler, sending travellers and tourists its way. Although now occupied by businesses, the old building still retains much of its original architecture, including the pressed tin facade which covers its second floor. The St. Cloud Hotel was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1984.