The Casa Grande Hotel is located on East State Highway 66 in Elk City, Oklahoma. The Spanish Eclectic Style hotel was built in 1928, by the architectural firm of Hawk and Parr, to help accomodate the growing tourist trade along the newly commissioned Route 66. The architectural style was popular during the era, especially in the southern section of the route, which was more reflective of it's southwestern origins. However, as years rolled along, the luxury hotels along the route became a thing of the past, in favor of the newer motels and motor courts. The Casa Grande was one of the last of its kind, and became the largest hotel, at four storys, between Oklahoma City and Amarillo. The original entry to the lobby was removed and replaced with store fronts in the 1970's, but much of the interior has remained intact. The Casa Grande was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1995.