The Narbonne House is located on Essex Street in Salem, Massachusetts. It was constructed in 1675 for local butcher Thomas Ives. Originally a one room structure, in ensuing years a kitchen and a side parlor were added. In 1780 the house was purchased by Jonathan Andrews and members of his family lived in the home for the next one hundred and eighty years. Andrews' granddaughter, Sarah Narbonne, after whom the house is named, was born here and lived her entire 101 years in the house, passing away in 1895. In 1963 the National Park Service purchased the home from the Narbonne family and it is now part of the Salem Maritime National Historic Park. The house retains element from all three families who lived here, and has not been restored to fit any particular time frame. It is considered a rare example of a 17th century middle-class home.