The Nathan Meriam House is located at the intersection of Lexington Road and Old Bedford Road in Concord, Massachusetts. On August 19, 1775 Colonial troops, which had gathered at the home of Nathan Meriam, one of the Town Selectmen, engaged British troops for the third time that day, following the Battles of Lexington and the Old North Bridge. The skirmishes began here at Meriam's Corner and continued along what is now known as Battle Road, driving the British back through Lexington into Charlestown and effectively beginning the Revolutionary War. The Meriam House is the only historical structure still standing in the area which witnessed the battle. The house, built circa 1705, has been altered several times, but remains little changed from its 1820 appearance. In 1966 it was listed in the National Register of Historic Places as a contributing site to the Minute Man National Historical Park.