The Hotel Washington is located on 15th Street in Washington, D.C. The Beaux-Arts hotel was designed by the famed architectural firm of Carrere and Hastings and opened in 1917. The building has been used as a shooting location for several films, including The Firm, Contact and The Godfather Part II, which filmed on the hotel's rooftop. It was also the spot where Elvis Presley stayed in December of 1970 when he flew into town on the spur of the moment and petitioned President Richard Nixon for a federal agent's badge. On December 21, 1970 the pair met at the White House, exchanged pleasantries, posed for some famous photos, and Elvis got a badge from the Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs. Today the Washington stills operates as a hotel, but in recent years was remodeled and renamed the W Washington Hotel.