The Wyoming Apartments are located on Columbia Road in Washington, D.C. It is a Beaux-Arts building constructed in 1905 by B. Stanley Simmons. A second wing was added in 1911. It's most famous resident is Dwight Eisenhower, who first moved here in 1927, after seving as battalion commander at Fort Benning, Georgia. He lived here with his wife, Mamie, working for the American Battle Monuments Commission,until 1928, when he spent a year of service in France. Upon his return in 1929 he moved backed to the Wyoming. During this time he served as executive officer to General George V. Mosley, Assistant Secretary of War. He held this position until 1933, when he became a member of the faculty of the Army Industrial College. He remained at the Wyoming until 1935, when he joined General Douglas MacArthur, for whom he was now working as chief military aide, on a trip to the Philippines to asses their military strength during the years between the wars. The Wyoming was converted into condominiums in the early 1980's. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.