Woodrow Wilson's home is on S Street in the Kalorama neighborhood of Washington, D.C. After serving as President from 1913 to 1921 Wilson and his wife, Edith Bolling, moved into this Georgian Revival Style mansion, originally constructed in 1915 for Henry Parker Fairbanks, an executive with the Bigelow Carpet Company. During his retirement years Wilson wrote, briefly practiced law, and served as President of the American Historical Association. On February 3, 1924 the former president died here in his home after suffering a stroke. He was buried in the Washington National Cathedral. Edith continued to live here until her death in 1961. Wilson was the only former President to permanently live in D.C. after his term of office was over, and he is the only former President buried in the Nation's Capitol. Today the house functions as a museum and is open to the public. It was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1965. There is a plaque outside the front door.