Mark Twain's home is located on Crane Road in Elmira, New York. The famed author summered here for twenty years. The home was owned by Susan Langdon Crane, Twain's sister-in-law. Quarry Farm, as the property is known, was inherited by Susan when her father, Jervis Langdon died in 1870. Although Twain and his family lived in Hartford, Connecticut, they spent each summer at Elmira with his wife Olivia's family. In 1874 an octangonal study was built near the house which Twain would use to write some of his best known works. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (1876), The Prince and the Pauper (1881), The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (1884), and A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court (1889) were all penned at his study at Quarry Farm during summers in Elmira. The study was moved to the campus of Elmira College in 1952. In 1983 Quarry Farm was left to Elmira College by the family of Twain.