Edna St. Vincent Millay's home is on Bedford Street in New York City. The Pulitzer Prize winning poet lived at this Greenwich Village address from 1923 to 1924 with her new husband, Eugen Jan Boissevain. As a member of the Provincetown Players she was involved with establishing the nearby Cherry Lane Playhouse, later Theatre, which opened in 1924, and became a venue for experimental theater in the city. The building she lived in, known as 75½ Bedford Street, is significant for being known as the narrowest house in New York City. The structure, reportedly erected in 1873, is 9 feet 6 inches wide. When Millay and her husband moved in, they renovated the house, adding a gabled facade. The couple moved out of the city in 1925 to Steepletop, a home they purchased in Austerlitz, New York. Other tenants at Bedford Street over the years have included children's book author and cartoonist William Steig, and actors Cary Grant and John Barrymore. There is a red plaque on the building commemorating Millay.