Louisa May Alcott's Orchard House is located on Lexington Road in Concord, Massachusetts. The Alcott family lived here from 1857 to 1877. The land Orchard House sits on was purchased by Amos Bronson Alcott in 1857 for $950.00. He merged together and renovated the two existing structures and moved in with his wife and four daughters, including Louisa May, a year later. He named it Orchard House for the apple orchards that sat on the land. His family would spend the next twenty years on the property. Louisa May Alcott wrote and set her most famouse novel, Little Women (1868), at Orchard House. After the death of her mother, Louisa moved into a home in Concord with her father and sister, known today as the Thoreau-Alcott house. They sold Orchard House in 1884 to William Torrey Harris, a family friend. The property was turned into a museum in 1911, and has been declared a National Historic Landmark and listed on the National Register of Historic Places.