Ulysses S. Grant National Historic Site is located on Grant Road in St. Louis, Missouri. This farm, known as White Haven, was the childhood home of Julia Dent Grant, wife of Ulysses S. Grant. For the first couple years of their marriage Julia travelled with Ulysses to various military posts, but after becoming pregnant returned to her parent's home. They would remain apart for two years until he resigned from the military and took a job at the farm helping his father-in-law. Due to financial troubles and loss of crops to bad weather, the Grants eventually wound up moving in 1860. In 1989 the land became part of the National Park Service.