The Edgar Allan Poe House is located on N. Amity Street in Baltimore. The brick row home, standing at what was once 3 Amity Street, was rented in 1832 by Maria Clemm who lived in the house with her daughter, Virginia Clemm, and her mother, Elizabeth Cairnes Poe. Maria's nephew, Edgar Allan Poe, moved into the house around 1833 and lived there with his family until 1835. The house was spared from demolition in the 1930's and was eventually opened as a museum in 1949 by the Edgar Allan Poe Society of Baltimore. Although it is uncertain what works he penned while living here, the Poe Society claims that several works were completed by Poe during his time at the house, including Berenice, Morella and Hans Pfaal.